- Created "Homeless Court", instead of arrest and release we now give the option for rehabilitation and community service.
- Built the "pallet shelter" program, housing 15 people directly off the streets. Today, already two individuals have found long-term housing and gained employment. NO Redondo Beach funds used in this program, a great example of the blending of funds from County and Federal sources.
- Because of the "pallet shelter" program, we now enforce our "anti-camping" in Parks and streets.
- Fully funded our "Quality of Life" prosecutor to prosecute minor offenses.
- Enforce our parking regulations to stop vehicles from parking more than 72 hours in one location.
- Fully support Harbor Interfaith to get over 40 individuals off of the streets and into temporary shelters.
I worked the State of California "Project Roomkey" program. My location alone had over 10 individuals from Redondo Beach. I spent 12-13 hour days, for 30+ days straight. Supervisor Hahn spent a few hours visiting my location. City Hall was a "ghost town", with no one camping.